RF Planning Engineer/
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum 3-5 years Operations/Engineering/Design background
• Possess technical expertise in wireless telecommunications and have solid understandings of GSM/CDMA/EVDO and/or UMTS networks.
• Ability to map out market architecture of current and forecasted carrier boundaries, and switch boundaries for troubleshooting purposes
• Responsible for providing radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission design.
• Member of engineering team addressing multiple markets performing analytical, investigative, and/or design activities related to wireless communication systems including but not limited to GSM, WCDMA/UMTS and LTE.
• Perform coverage analyses, network performance stats analyses, and alarm and outage monitoring to determine root cause of problem(s)
• Dimensioning the RAN network (number of channel elements, Node-Bs, RNCs) according to the coverage, capacity and quality requirements from the operator;
• Planning the site location in GSM, Node-Bs in a WCDMA RF planning tool (like Planet, Atoll, Wizard etc..) defining their related parameters: site coordinates, antenna type, antenna height, antenna tilt, antenna azimuth, CPICH power, cable loss, propagation model parameters
• Validating the site configuration in the field during the technical site survey visit and preparing the Technical Site Survey report
• Setting the specific RF parameters for the site to be integrated: RNCid, WBTSid, LcrId, MCC, MNC, LAC, RAC, SAC, CId, UARFCN frequency, scrambling code planning, T cell, neighbors list planning,etc..
• Provide customer to provide the supporting information for antenna tower design in a customer specified area.
• Execute Field Drive testing, post-processing and analysis for optimization
• WCDMA / GSM Layer 3 message flows understanding for drive test analysis and troubleshooting
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button